Read Luke 11:1-4 and 9-13
When the disciples needed help with their prayer life Jesus gave them a pattern prayer, a template to follow. It puts God in his rightful place as first in our thoughts. A father who loves us, is worthy of praise and whose will must be our priority v2. It encourages us to look to him to meet our material needs for daily life v3; and our spiritual needs for forgiveness , for the strength to forgive others and to resist temptation v4. Jesus encourages us to ask boldly v9-10, and to locate our confidence in the nature of God's character rather than any techniques.
PRAISE & THANKS
Spend some time praising the Lord and giving thanks for his work in your life.
• Pray for the Prime Minister and Government, NI Executive and local councils
- for health, strength, energy, wisdom, courage, creativity and cooperation as they provide leadership during this crisis.
• Pray for those who work in healthcare - nurses, porters, doctors, carers, ancillary staff or suppliers. Pray for safety and strength and for stamina and resilience.
• Pray for adequate supplies of medical supplies, equipment, testing kits and personal protection equipment.
• Pray for people who are presently unwell in hospital or at home. Pray for God's healing touch and access to effective care.
• Pray that the Lord will take away fear, anxiety, and feelings of isolation from people receiving treatment or under quarantine.
• Pray for patience and hope for those whose scheduled appointments, treatment or surgery have been cancelled.
• Pray for comfort and grace for the bereaved.
• Pray that people would be able to find a way to worship meaningfully during these challenging weeks.
• Pray that we would find helpful ways to use technology to enable us to care for one another and maintain our community connection and that our people would be able to cope with the challenges of technology.
• Pray for the Youth Leaders as they seek innovative ways to develop connections with the young people and children.
• Pray that as we continue to love people and share the gospel and that the Lord would call people into his kingdom through our witness and example.
• Pray for Grace as she finishes her role as Youth & Community worker in Ballysally.
• Pray for the recruitment process to employ a new worker. We are interviewing on Monday afternoon and hope to make an appointment soon. Pray for the candidates and the unfamiliar setting of interview by Zoom. Ask the Lord to provide the person we need.
• Pray for brothers and sisters overseas who may not have access to the same level of health care we enjoy. Ask the Lord to protect and provide for them and to use them as his witnesses.